Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
Meeting Name: Pension Committee Agenda status: Final
Meeting date/time: 9/26/2018 9:30 AM Minutes status: Final  
Meeting location: Cook County Building, Board Room 118 North Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois
Published agenda: Agenda Agenda Published minutes: Minutes Minutes  
Meeting video:  
Attachments: To comment on an item at this meeting, click here, CCPF Pension Committee Presentation.pdf, Public Testimony Forms - Pension Committee 9-26-18.pdf
File #Ver.Agenda #NameTypeTitleMotionResultAction DetailsVideo
18-6036 1 Approval of the Pension Committee minutes from the meeting of 11/14/2017Committee MinutesCOMMITTEE MINUTES Approval of the minutes from the meeting of 11/14/2017approvePass Action details Video Video
18-2661 1 TO DISCUSS THE FISCAL YEAR 2017 ACTUARIAL VALUATION REPORTS FOR THE COOK COUNTY AND FOREST PRESERVEResolutionPROPOSED RESOLUTION TO DISCUSS THE FISCAL YEAR 2017 ACTUARIAL VALUATION REPORTS FOR THE COOK COUNTY AND FOREST PRESERVE EMPLOYEES’ AND OFFICERS’ ANNUITY AND BENEFIT FUNDS WHEREAS, actuarial reports for the Cook County Employees’ Annuity and Benefit Fund and the Forest Preserve District Employees’ Annuity and Benefit Fund of Cook County as of December 31, 2017 are expected to be released Spring 2018; and, WHEREAS, the reports highlight the funded status and total unfunded pension liability of the Cook County Pension Fund and Forest Preserve Pension Fund; and, WHEREAS, it is the recommendation of the Cook County and Forest Preserve Pension Fund’s Actuary that the Cook County Pension Fund adopt legislation that is sufficient to pay the Normal Costs of active plan members, plan expenses, and amortize the unfunded actuarial accrued liabilities over a period no longer than 30 years; and, WHEREAS, the 2015 sales tax increase was passed with the intent to devote “90% of the funding to paying down the pension and the remaining 10% to debt service and infrastructure investmenrecommend for receiving and filingPass Action details Video Video